Mars 23rd Animation

Jupiterholic

That's excellent Jupiterholic, nice detail. As you say, the transparency wasn't great last night. What time was this taken, I'm assuming later on? I was observing earlier in the evening and this helps me identify what I was looking at. The main feature in the equatorial region was visible but was further to the left ie had not rotated as far round when I was looking at it.

Nice capture :blob10:

Stu

That's excellent Jupiterholic, nice detail. As you say, the transparency wasn't great last night. What time was this taken, I'm assuming later on? I was observing earlier in the evening and this helps me identify what I was looking at. The main feature in the equatorial region was visible but was further to the left ie had not rotated as far round when I was looking at it.

Nice capture :blob10:

Stu

Thanks all. Stu, This one is from 9.18pm to 10.32pm. By the end of it you can just see one of the volcanoes coming into view from the left.

Ah yes, that would make sense given what I was observing a little earlier on. I guess I stopped earlier than I had thought, it started to get quite claggy by about 10 pm. didn't see the clouds which is a shame

Stu

Hi Steve, one more question what are you using to create the animated GIF? (it seems that the image degradation you are experiencing is much lower than mine)

Thanks

Dror

Thanks for the comments all.

Hey Dror,

I use Adobe ImageReady. It comes bundled with Photoshop CS. However sometimes I make my animations in Photoshop CS3 which has a full animation palette already built in. It works exactly the same way as ImageReady though so is pretty easy to use.

I have to create the animation as a multi layered file in photoshop first then either open that layered file in ImageReady or if using CS3 just open the animations palette.

Its not a noiseless process entirely though. The images used for most of my animations are always smoother than they look when animated.

Cheers

Steve

Archived