SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

150P Dobsonian

I have a 150p, For portability it is great, the general recomendation is buy the biggest you are able to use/carry/get in car etc.

I am waiting for a 2x tal barlow to arrive so will be able to give feedback when it arrives.

With 10mm ep jupiter is small and some detail,venus is small,saturn is small but fantastic, moons of all mentioned planets can be seen.

Very easy to use but have not tried to find nebulas etc due to only having a couple of weeks and only couple of good nights.

Great scope BUT

Get the 8" if you can find one.

mike

ive got this scope and i love it ive had great views of jupiter seeing the 4 galilaen moons and the equatorial bands, as long as you put in time at the eyepiece :-) i purchased a 5.5mm eyepiece just so ive got a high medium and low magnification. ive had some really nice views of the great nebula in orion and a couple of open clusters overall im 100% happy with it and id recommend it to anyone

Would have suggested the 150PL.

Bit more focal length so easier to get a slight increase in magnification, of course you don't have to but the option is there.

Also the PL is a little critical of collimation.

Don't have to do it as often.:blob10::D:D

Much the same weight, same light gathering just the tube is a little longer.

Would have suggested the 150PL.

Bit more focal length so easier to get a slight increase in magnification, of course you don't have to but the option is there.

Also the PL is a little critical of collimation.

Don't have to do it as often.:blob10::D:D

Much the same weight, same light gathering just the tube is a little longer.

I thought the 150PL was only available on an EQ rather than Dob mount?

Used the barlow x2 with both 25 and 10mm eps.Impressed with venus, jupiter and a slither of the moon.

Also got my first nebula, orions nebula.

This was all early on before the really bad LP became apparent.

Hopefully will be up for Saturn tonight to see how the Tal barlow shows.

mike

haha im just your guy!. yes I do have this scope and it is my second scope i also have a tasco 60mm which is rubbish but buying this is a big step and you will love it. I currently have it cooling at the moment for yet another night of observing and I love it and it doesnt disappoint. As for the specs you mention from what I have seen I can see many details on all the planets including red spot on Jupiter, details on mars, venus. As for the moon it just looks awsome, crystal clear and you can see every nook and cranny even fantasic at 200x. as for the other planets i havent seen yet. As for deep space it is also good ive seen orion which looks great and the 4 stars in the centre easily visable. I havent had chance too look at anything else deep space yet but it is a great scope. I reccomend it too you. Great scope but as mentioned above size is king so if you are desparate for more save a little for the 8".

for me, more aperture is always better but within the confines of a 6" scope and assuming you don't want to do imaging then this is a great scope. if possible get a view through one or others of different types to get a decent idea of what you can expect to see; managing your visual expectations is important.

I got this scope last week and love it. The detail on the moon is breathtaking and although I've only used it twice have had good views of mars, Jupiter and Venus. Also seen the Orion nebula and a couple of other Messier objects. Only problem is finding them, which is my fault not the scope's!

Hi all,

I'm also new here and was thinking of purchasing this same telescope as my finances have suddenly taken a bit of an unexpected hit. I was originally going to go for the Celestron Nexstar 130 SLT, but that is now out of my budget.

I was thinking instead of purchasing this and a light filter.

With regards to Beardy30's first post:

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has a Skywatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonian and if they would recommend it for planet, nebula and deep space observation

I was hoping that this telescope would allow me to view deep space objects (with a little patience of course!).

Can any veteran astronomers on here that have used this telescope give a little more detail as to what they have managed to see and how clear they were? That way I know roughly what to expect and not get my hopes up too high :(

For instance, are any nebula's you see just faint blurs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

All the best,

Chris

Nebulas are 'faint blurs ' but I think that's the same for any scope unless you get seriously big and find a dark site.

You will be able to see Orion clearly but its pretty much just a faint fuzzy

Good luck with your choice, try a club night somewhere.

Archived