Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from UCDavis

lizzyshoe

I'm a third year undergrad at University of California, Davis. I'm a bio major, but right now I'm employed by the physics department to work with a 12" Meade taking images of various things, working out equipment bugs and such, and also I run the introductory astronomy lab, where I encourage more students to become budding astronomy enthusiasts! No pictures to show (yet).

Weather here: :sunny:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lizzy and welcome to SGL.

Jeff.

I suspect it will be you dishing out the help. :D

Make you right there Ron.

Haha! Thanks. I'm just now going to open up the software to figure out how to process the images we took. If any of the sunspot (963) pics turn out, I'll post. We have some focus and tracking issues, mostly because the LX200 mount doesn't play nice with the microfocuser and CCDSoft (with TheSky). Hopefully we'll get it all figured out, eventually. It'd be even better if we didn't have to wheel the dang thing out every time and try to level it on that roof...anyway, I'm babbling. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Please,babble away,Lizzy. Babbling is what makes this Forum what it is...The Best!

Oh! I forgot to say, you are most welcome. :D

CW

PS I's not a pitched roof, is it!

Hah! No, not pitched per se, just not quite level in all places.

Welcome to SGL....

Do you do any work with spectroscopy??

Not yet. Yesterday we opened up the box with the spectrometer and started familiarizing ourselves with it (it looked like we were diffusing a nuclear bomb). I think we don't have the right camera for it yet, I'm not sure. I'll let you know when we get that going.

Archived