SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Shortage of telescopes

Ordered a SkyScan GPS unit last week from Astronomia and phoned today to see where it is and was told it would be the end of May before they had a delivery! They are blaming all the astro programmes on TV at the moment, apparently people are buying in their droves. Two sides to that 1) lets hope thay enjoy their new pastime and 2) should be a lot on the secondhand market soon!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the by - is the HEQ5 PRO GOTO as well in short supply? I want to buy one by the end of the year. Do I have to order now only?

Currently there isn't a problem, we have them here on our shelves. I can't say what supply will be like at the end of year.

HTH,

Steve

• 9 months later...

Is it just a UK-thing? Are these scopes available to dealers in mainland Europe?

We've got the same problem in Russia. Their should have been a delivery in november, It never materialized.

Just been talking to a guy in a local shop and he says they have some kind of problem in the factory, maybe just too much demand. :sad:

I shouldn't worry. This thread is 9 months or so out of date. I think Steve at Flo feels he is ready as he can reasonably be expected to be given the upsurge in demand as a result of the previous two Stargazing Live series. I'm sure the same is true of other retailers and their distributors as well. I don't suppose any of them want to be in the situation where people are queueing up to spend money and buy products, and then not be able to supply them - times are hard enough as it is! ;)

This is an old thread discussing the shortage of telescopes caused by last year's Stargazing Live series of television programmes.

Currently, with only two days to go before this year's Stargazing Live, we are practically swimming in stock! :smiley:

Hopefully we will have correctly anticipated demand. We'll know in around six weeks...

HTH,

Steve

Archived