5mm X-Cel LX and 250px flextube

carean01

Hi Andrew,

I don't have an LX, but I do have a 5mm BST Explorer and I believe they are similar, the LX apparently getting slightly better reviews. I have a 250mm Dob and can use the 5mm on some nights, not all. I have viewed GRS and Jupiter moon transits very clearly with the combo and seen the ice caps on Mars, with shaded areas elsewhere on the surface. So my guess would be yes, but not for everyday use (which is exactly why I got the 5mm, I knew it would be just for the good days). HTH

Bart

Hi iv got a skyquest 12 inch dob I wanted to upgrade the 10mm that came with my scope without breaking the bank so I got the 9mm x-cel lx from ebay and rest asured

Well worth it. Only issue iv got now is how to explane to the wife iv just blown another £150 on the 7 and 12 and a x-cel lx 2x barlow if they are as good il be saving for the 18 and 9.

Under £45 from the usa and shipping aint bad eather (good exchange rate).

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Agena-AstroProducts/_i.html?_fsub=18534538

Hope this sets your minde at ease and happy viewing.

Good choice. I've got the 5, 7, 12 & 18mm with a SWE200P and love 'em. Adding the eps was like buying a new scope. The 5mm does need above average seeing in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi knobby, yes - gave it a go a week or so ago. Lovely EP, but the seeing was poor and didn't do it justice. That said, I was surprised how big the planets appeared through it and how clear the image was, all be it somewhat wobbly due to the seeing. Will report back once I've managed to use it in better conditions. As one of the replies said, it not an EP for everyday. But I feel it will be excellent when conditions allow.

Andrew

Archived