Skywatcher 28mm 2 inch LET

gooseholla

I believe it's a modified kellner design that offers a 58 degree field of view. I've no idea what they are like to use although if they are supplied "free" with scopes I guess they will have their limitations.

Not special, one came with my 80ED, but so much better than the 25mm and 10mm junk 1.25inch ones that came with my Mak180.

I actually use it quite a bit for wide field browsing. And is has the best rubber eyecup of *any* eyepiece I've ever used. You can put your eye on it making a light tight seal.

Cheers

Ian

• 1 year later...

I also have one of these with my 300 PDS, it is streets ahead of the 10 & 25mm MAs that came with my 130M, some nice wide views but with a bit of comma toward the edge and lacking some contrast for deep field views. I have since bought a 2" Barlow (Revelation Astro / GSO type) and this has increased it's use, but I'm now thinking expensive thoughts around other 2" Eyepieces. Putting Naglers and other exotica to the side for budget reasons, can anyone recommend any reasonably priced 2" Eyepieces, mainly for wide field views. I have been going down the BST ED eyepiece route for low focal lengths (8 - 18mm) but I note the contrast from the LET is no where near as good a Meade 4000 40mm I have in my box or going like for like on magnification it's not as good barlowed as my 15mm BST Explorer. I have been looking at the Revelation eyepieces being sold by Telescope house as possible alternatives in the 32mm plus range. Does anybody know how these compare in terms of contrast / clarity with the 1.25" BST ED eyepieces? (I know there is no direct equivalent before anybody steps up to the pedant box!)

Archived