Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

advice on using equipment

Hi i have had my celestron cpc 464 8" telescope for approx 3yrs and have not really had much of an opportunity to use it ;)...

But i now have time on my side and am looking to get more use out of it and enjoy the clear nights ahead of us, weather pending :)...

i have just had a canon 1100D camera bought for me for my 40th birthday and am looking for the more advanced astro photographers out there for some advice and guidance as to what i can do to get the best out of my equipment ;)...

Venus/Jupiter/mars/and orions belt are very clear and visible around my location and i would like to get out there and get some good shots and experiment, but just to get some half descent results would be a start....

Wayne72

Hi Wayne

From what I've read on the forum, most planetary photography is done using a CCD webcam and taking a few minutes of video and stacking the images in Registax or DSS to make a single image.

I think your camera would be more suited to imaging DSO's (like M42). I would recommend purchasing a copy of "Making every photon count" by Steve Richards ( Steppenwolf on the forum).

Hope this helps.

Luke

Archived