Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_close-ups.thumb.jpg.88a09e422111459fcea8be71befc7874.jpg

SteveL

SGL7 TRAFFIC NIGHTMARE - M50 closed this weekend

I am at the camp site, wifi nearly ready, but on the way down the M50 I noticed road closure signs. Investigating this more, I have discovered that they are closing pretty much the whole of the M50 (from the M5 to M50 junction 2)

** The M50 will be closed from 10pm Friday night, and wont re-open until 6am Monday morning **

Highways Agency info here:

Highways Agency - Press Releases

Yikes!

Thanks for this Steve!!

and i thought it was bad when they shut off small sections of the A470........

good luck every one

I have never known another road to be so worked on as the M50. Every year there seems to be major works on it :)

Will have to find another way home from my parents on sunday then, thanks for the heads up Steve.

This is really good of you to put this up. I'm investigating another route home now. Thanks so much! :)

Stupid question : where does the M50 run?

I can't navigate for toffee, satnav or bust :)

The M50 runs from the M5 to almost Ross-on-wye. I am sure Google maps will help you :)

Google Maps

Ah I see :) Many thanks!

My satnav is currently planning to bring me off the M5 the junction before the M50 (coming in from above) so hopefully won't impact the return journey ;)

I assume it'll be OK tomorrow morning. As I need to get to Ashchurch on the way home I'll try going up to Ledbury and down the A438, unless someone has a better idea!