Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which webcam???????

I have owned a telescope since May last year and am loving my new found hobby of astronomy. I have also recently bought a laptop and am currently considering having a dabble at imaging with a webcam.

So it is a case of which webcam????

I do know enough to know that the Philips one is one of the best, but they are like rocking horse droppings, so are there any others out there worth considering? Orion and Celestron do them, but I don't know if they are any good.

I don't have a huge amount to spend and being a complete novice I wouldn't go crazy at this stage anyway.

Thanks for your comments/opinions.

I agree. Looking at the images from the Lifecam in the planetary imaging forum I reckon they're at least as good as the SPC900. My experience of the Xbox Live cam so far is that it produces a very noisy image.

James

If your on a budget then the Xbox live cam is only £4 on eBay including delivery and that will give you a good taste of imaging to at least wet your appetite! There's a thread on this forum (just search for Xbox live vision webcam) with loads if example images!

Archived