Narrowband

Cone 2012 (ha)

Uranium235

Last night was spectacularly clear, stars all the way down to the horizon ;) a perfect night for imaging.

I had a go at the cone last year, but my results were dismal to say the least as I hadnt quite got to grips with CCD imaging. Anyhoo, this year ive been prepared and at last I can say Ive finally bagged it. This was also the first full run with the Baader 9x50 finder bracket (for the guidescope), which is indeed a massive improvement over the Synta bracket. In most of the subs, the star shapes were much better and the only reason why a few other subs suffered is because of my guiding.

It was such a shame to pack up so early last night (11.30), but it was a Sunday night so no choice really :o

NGC2264: Cone nebula

30x450 (Ha)

ED80 (0.85x), Atik 314L+, CG5-GT

Setpoint -10

Thanks for looking ;)

Rob

attachment.php?attachmentid=82798&stc=1&d=1332183616

post-18171-133877749826_thumb.jpg

Very nice Rob - are you planning to add any colour?

Thanks guys ;)

Steve, im not sure about the colour yet. I dont think there is much OIII in this, but I could probably squeeze in another 20 subs of OIII (or 15 of each in OIII/SII) if its clear enough at the right time during SGL7 (need a clear run of 7.30-11.00). The cone is on its way out now so in a few weeks it wont be worth the effort.

Archived