Keep the green or not?

swag72

A quick question really as I'm not sure the effects of the following.

The other night I took 40x420s in Red, then the next night green. Unfortunately I took 300s subs for the green (as I forgot!!) and then when the blue night came I took 40x420s blue.

In a huff, I ditched the entire green run as I thought that as that was 300s and the rest was 420s it would be useless.

So, the question is, do I use it? I have a few 420s from last night, so I can top it up so that the total exposure time is the same. Will that work? Or is it better to just use another night to get 420s in green? Will mixing the 300s green and the 420s in red and blue give me a massive colour balance issue?

Being in Spain, wasting a whole night is not a massive issue for me, so if a load of 420s subs would make the processing easier, that is what I will do.

I would add another question sorry!

Would it be better to get a mix of RGB each night?

A. So that you get a complete set with a particular er...atmospheric conditions.

B. So that all your R can be done lower down and all the B at the zenith.

Why not complete the 300s subs as well as the 420??

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

I am lazy Neil and like my bed, so I just do one filter a night!!!

When you say complete the 300s subs - Take another set of R and B at 300s? so I'd have a complete set of 300s RGB and hopefully a complete set of 420s?

I am lazy Neil and like my bed, so I just do one filter a night!!!

When you say complete the 300s subs - Take another set of R and B at 300s? so I'd have a complete set of 300s RGB and hopefully a complete set of 420s?

Yep, may be worth completing the whole lot ;)

I thought after I wrote that that you may not have an AutoFocus system setup.

I'm even lazier than you and just select a target and it does all the slewing, centering and autofocusing, filters for me.

I used to do single filters and then have to get up to turn it all off before the mount wrapped all the cables around the tripod!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

No autofocusing for me!! Manual filter wheel as well, hence 1 filter per night!!

I've just looked at the data I've got for this.

R 39x420s (273m)

G 43x300s 11x420s (292m)

B 43x420s (301m)

These all seem pretty similar in numbers!!

Archived