SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Imaging Targets?

daz

I am planning to go for an incredibly hard target , in fact i do believe it has never been caught on "film" before and when mentioned even die hard imagers shudder......

Yes im going for the mythical Barkis Cascade ;):D

I just want to get autoguiding off the ground. It'll have to be with my finderscope first, as that's what I had originally intended. Then I threw a spanner in the works by offering to buy Stephen's (Kheldar) ST80 on Sunday! I do make things difficult for myself. ;)

I also want to get a pic of comet Garrad as I've not yet snapped a comet.

Alexxx

Hmm... Cumulonimbus, Stratus and maybe a bit of Cirrus... ;) I'm a real pessimist, aren't I?

But, if we do get some nice sky at the weekend I'll probably target some summer nebulae as the Milky Way rises early hours. I want to try out my new ha filter...

The Leo Triplet is my main target, with Markarian's chain as secondary target. I'll be imaging with a Canon 1000D DSLR through an Orion 80ED, with guiding through my Revelation 66mm Apo with a DMK 21 camera as my guide camera. All this will be mounted on a dual mountng bar on an HEQ5 Pro mount.

With the ED80/Atik 314 I will be looking for:

Some RGB for my leo triplet

Blazar 3C 273 (about 2.4 billion LY)

More subs on the Coma supercluster (maybe add some colour too)

Some ultra widefield shots with the 1000d + nifty fifty

I guess it depends on the local geography and whatever part of the sky is clear at the time. Better come up with a few backup targets just in case.

The Leo Triplet is my main target, with Markarian's chain as secondary target. I'll be imaging with a Canon 1000D DSLR through an Orion 80ED, with guiding through my Revelation 66mm Apo with a DMK 21 camera as my guide camera. All this will be mounted on a dual mountng bar on an HEQ5 Pro mount.

I will be on the Leo triplet too, so if you want a crack at combining my CCD luminence with your DSLR colour you're welcome to use my data (just bring a memory stick).

Markarian's chain for me should just fit with my 150P and 1000D. My sky is too orange to do galxies justice from home. I wouldn't mind a quick go at that Comet either. I even never even seen one using optical aid, so that would be good.

Don't fret Derek, it's a dig at our very own barkis who last imaged with photographic film and has been threatening to do some digital imaging for the last few years.

Mike

thanks.. I thought "what the" when even google didn't know.

I've never heard of it.. nor it seems has Google!.. or Stellarium!

any more info... intrigued

Derek

Sorry :o:o:o

The Barkis Cascade is a one time event when Galaxys combine to produce a Universe ending event but with a fantastic lightshow prior ;)

Or when Ron (Barkis) actually gets his cameras out and produce a image ;)

(I think the former has more chance of happening though ;))

Using unconventional imaging (Mintron) "this year I shall be mostly" trying to bag as many obscure galaxies as possible, this time I shall record them properly.

Lost count last year after Mark (MDSuart) showed me about 20 in 2 minutes ;) faster than my goto he was:)

Philj

I'm still cutting my teeth with a mono CCD & LRGB so I'm thinking of some RGB to add to the M13 Lum that I have and maybe also the Leo Triplet in LHaRGB. Might also go for M101 or my old nemesis M51. It depends where my pitch is in relation to everything else.

I'm currently imaging several targets... Currently I'm collecting data on M81-82, M106 and I've started a mosaic of Markarians Chain. I'll probably skip between the objects as they move over the sky - in between my attempts to do a Messier marathon visually...

Or... I may try and get some more Elephants Trunk data later in the night. I started this at SGL5 but have left it....

James

I am planning to go for an incredibly hard target , in fact i do believe it has never been caught on "film" before and when mentioned even die hard imagers shudder......

Yes im going for the mythical Barkis Cascade ;):D

If you don't stop being naughty to me, I'll report you to the Postmaster General, for thinking whilst on duty.

I bet it took you from clocking on, to clocking off to come up with that ;):o.

If I can find it though, I will try and get a 1/250th. shot of it, on HP 127 film, and my little Comet point and shoot. At magnitude +14, it should be a breeze.

(Ace Astrophotographer in waiting, 2 years 7 months I reckon ;).)

Ron.

I have just realised the Heart and Soul Nebs are a very nice fit with the 200/2.8

Not best placed though, they set into Herefords LP and dont come around till its getting light ;)

I'm not certain what I'm going to go for, am a bit loathe to start any more targets I wont finish, so may do some comet pics with my Borg 77 and QHY8. But I still have some comet pics from last Kelling that I havent got to grips with yet ;).

Markarians chain is another possible, or maybe an IC1396. I usually do some Veil nebula as well, but am not too fussed about that as I have plenty of data with that scope already.

Peter, If you want to team up your lenses with my CCD just shout!

Archived