Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Badder Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece

Armsoft

Haven't had the zoom long but the first thing I have noticed is that it is very fat and on a 1.25 diagonal the retaining screws scratch the bottom of the lens making it surpirsingly difficult to get a decent grip on it; which is necassary as it looks very big (or the diagonal looks veryt small), when fitted.

Visually though it has been great though have only used it in the daytime as the night skies have been cr*p down here lately!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love Marmite, Hate the Zoom, soft edges, poor fov at 24mm, tight relief at the low ranges. I actually felt the sky watcher zoom is better value at around 50 pounds. the quality wasn't as good but zooms are zooms so the sky watcher was adequate.

Love my zoom. I use it all the time useful to get accurate alignment for my goto as I can centre the star then zoom and re centre. I find that sets me up for any object. I have the 17mm as well so can pop that in for a nice sharp view

Sent from tapatalk

Love my zoom. I use it all the time useful to get accurate alignment for my goto as I can centre the star then zoom and re centre. I find that sets me up for any object. I have the 17mm as well so can pop that in for a nice sharp view

Sent from tapatalk

Never thought of using it for that - brilliant idea!

Mine is fast approaching its first birthday and still going strong. I find the narrowing of the FOV at the 24mm end a bit annoying but overall its a great piece of kit and I would not want to be without it.

An awlful lot of people seem to be of the opinion that these EP's have a tendency to break, yet on the other hand a good few say they have had no problem at all.

Is it the new version III that is the bad one, or one of the earlier versions?

I ask as i only got one last week :)

I think it's the early III's that have had a problem. I can't see a company like Baader ignoring that. I'm quite sure more recent zooms will be problem free though I do have version II myself and never had a problem.

Sent from tapatalk

Haven't had the zoom long but the first thing I have noticed is that it is very fat and on a 1.25 diagonal the retaining screws scratch the bottom of the lens making it surpirsingly difficult to get a decent grip on it; which is necassary as it looks very big (or the diagonal looks veryt small), when fitted.

Visually though it has been great though have only used it in the daytime as the night skies have been cr*p down here lately!

I agree. Its very difficult to get a tight grip on it with the retaining screw in the diagonal.

Yes the screw tightening issue is a tad bothersome. On mine I have to hold it slightly clear so I can tighten the eyepiece. But it's still the best bit of kit in my box. So versatile and easy to work with. I'm aware there are better optics but at what price

Sent from tapatalk

Archived