Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Armsoft

Badder Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece

There is a thread running at the moment that was asking the same question

I am also deliberating about the Hyperion Zoom, although due to the fact that you don't get the 68 degrees fov that you do with the fixed focal length I am still wondering about it. The comments about it being a brilliant piece of kit, but I already own a 24mm fixed focal length Hyperion and was/am considering getting one in the 8/10mm range. Then along comes the zoom and throws everything up in the air again.

Don't you love/hate astro gear. It is impossible to make a choice sometimes.

Birthday today!

Present nicely wrapped - Thanks FLO

Suppose I ought to thank my wife too

Just hope for clear skies to try it out :-)

Birthday today!

Present nicely wrapped - Thanks FLO

Suppose I ought to thank my wife too

Just hope for clear skies to try it out :-)

Happy birthday :blob10:

Rother valley optics is cheaper over all (when you add in p&p), and after a number of bad reviews/experince with FLO I would say its also a safer offer.

They are good eye pieces but they are being rushed out at the mo because of demand so be careful as I'm on my 3rd 1 now they seem to go very

Stiff or very loose and then fall apart q/c is not good at the mo my last 1 is a ok along with there barlow it a good combo

the grease in the latest models doesn't like very cold weather...they seize up till warmed up...mines just gone back for replacing...unfortunate side-effect of being so popular ?

Its virtualy the only eyepeice I use, great bit of kit and thouroughly recommend them!!!

I bought one last week. So far, so good. Tonight i stumbled across the trio in Leo (hey that rhymes) using the 24mm setting. Still looked good right upto 12mm. 8mm wasnt so good, but thats not the EP fault.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

I use a zoom MkIII together with a 20 and 28mm Meade SWA S5000 eyepiece. Makes a fine kit for the 28 to 8mm range. On deepsky objects I hardly swap out the zoom anymore.

Maybe we should start 2 new threads ... love the Hyperion zoom ... hate the Hyperion zoom, see which one wins. It really does seem to be the Marmite E.P. :-)

Maybe we should start 2 new threads ... love the Hyperion zoom ... hate the Hyperion zoom, see which one wins. It really does seem to be the Marmite E.P. :-)

Love It! (marmite too)

They are great zooms unless they break - then you hate them :)

They are great zooms unless they break - then you hate them :)

This is why I have decided not to bother despite being sold on the idea of an 8-24 zoom. There are far to many people complaining of the zoom ceasing before and after the warranty expires.

:eek:Its still working, just ordered the adaptor to t-ring, gonna hang a Nikon D300 from it !

that should break it

My MKIII is showing signs of 'poor' workmanship. Shame as I like using it.