Only Camera AP: Spikey Venus; Little Mars

Rihard

Hello Folks,

Saint Patrick gave us some sweet views of Venus, Jupiter and (I believe) Mars here in Ireland this evening. (Someone please confirm if that's Mars or am I looking at the wrong Reddish object? :) )

Since I'm still awaiting for my telescope to be delivered :) I could only take a snap of this sweet view with my cheap Sigma Zoom attached to my beloved Nikon D3100.

Stopping down a little bit (from f/5 to f/8), Venus showed some cool spikes, so I wanted to share my little records. Nothing to do with the stunning detailed pictures that many of you post daily though. Atmosphere wasn't very stable; taken over roofs and orange public lights :)

Of course if any of you have some tips on how to get better results with this kind of setup (which is dSLR, 300 MM Sigma Zoom and cheap tripod :)) feel free to comment :)

Please click on the images to see more "detail" :)

post-30393-133877748533_thumb.jpg

post-30393-133877748544_thumb.jpg

post-30393-133877748552_thumb.jpg

If you put in the time of night , you can work it out by the Stars.

I am not that good to work it out but a Star program can.

I normally use Stellarium but I was getting ready to go to the pub to celebrate a bit S.Patrick since I worked all day :) so I ignored that ...

I usually bung my pics into here. How ever.bad as one really bad one once showed me summet was there I hadnt noticed

Flickr: astrometry

You need a flikr account. Upload the pics to your account then add them

To the group pool of astrometry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garethmob: that's a good idea. I also use that on flickr but since I don't have a pro account, I'm not uploading "cheap" pictures anymore ;) . From time to time, depending on the picture, Astrometry might not be able to identify the objects on them. Anyway I think I will give it a try ;)

Garethmob, what is your flickr page? I will be glad to take a look at your pics there. Mine is this one: Flickr: Tziu Riky's Photostream

Best Regards

Rik

Archived