Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M16 with my 10" newt

MikeD

All a bit of a rush to get this last night.

The clouds didn't start to clear until gone 11pm and I then had to change my imaging setup from 80Ed guided with my tasco 80mm F5, to the 10" newt guided with the 80ED, by the time that was all sorted the clouds started to drift in in patches.

The result was rushed focus and only 5 min subs to better my chances of hitting some gaps in the cloud.

I ended up with only 35 Min's of usable data.

M16: 7 x 5 Min's bin x1 in Ha.

Focus is a little soft so i will be back to this one again at this scale.

636_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks guys.

com on com on what ya reckon i would get with this FRee 8 inch skywatcher from Pulsar , much the same scale i guess.

Fantastic image as well Mike , love it

Rog :cool:

not sure rog, close though.

WOW 8)

Was that made using the Explorer 250px ?

yes it was. :wink:

WOW 8)

Was that made using the Explorer 250px ?

just noticed the link in your post.....Do i now get commission on todays sales of the 250px. :clouds2:

Oh now look! Can we just stop this, please!!!! I WANT SOME CLEAR SKIES!!!

:lol::p:wink::cool: :crybaby: :crybaby:

:speechless with jealousy:

sure ... just sell you're soul like I did. :evil:

The 250PX has always been a favourite of mine - can't wait to see another image with better focus 8)

What was the seeing like? Greg and I were out til gone 2am last night looking for gaps in the clouds but it wasn't happening!

That is an axcellent image taken with the same 'scope as I use but yours makes my attempt last year look very feeble indeed. I haven't checked but I guess this object is very low in the South (i.e. right within the trees at the bottom of my garden!) ?

Archived