Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Philips SPC880NC Flash!

Jammy

I've managed to get a Phillips SPC880NC webcam. A friend was throwing it away and I managed to save it. I told him that it should be recycled and not go in with the rubbish :) :)

I've seen an article about flash upgrading it to an SPC900NC webcam, but I can't find the article now :)

Does anybody have any links or the files that I need?

I feel that I ask you guys and gals for too much help sometimes... but then I just keep asking :)

Thanks Uplooker.

I've also found the instructions and files at AstronomyShed and their youtube video.

I'm sure everyone has already seen it already, but here is a link to the video.

Jamie,

Get an IR/ Uv filter at the same time. It helps with imaging. You need to replace the IR/ UV filter that you removed as a consequence of replacing the webcam lens with the nose piece. The reason that you need it is that IR does not come to focus at the same poin as other wave lengths.

regards,

Ian

Thanks Steve and Ian

Thanks for the advice about the filter. I've seen threads about modding dslr cameras to remove the IR filter. Do webcams work differently?

I assume this is the nosepiece that I need:

First Light Optics - 1.25" nosepiece to webcam lens thread (ToUcam Pro SPC900NC)

Which of these filters should I be using?

First Light Optics - Baader Neodymium Filter

First Light Optics - Baader UV/IR Cut Filter

Are they the same, except one helps to eliminate light pollution? Do the extra coatings reduce the quality of the images taken?

Sorry if these are basic questions - I've just bought "Lunar and Planetary Webcam Users Guide" but I've only got as far as page 20 :)

Many thanks

Archived