Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
OXO

SECOND ATTEMPT

Got the camera perfectly focussed tonight(yippie) i was just trying it out to get used to the Camera esp as it was cloudy most of the time. But it clear a little afterwards and i got the mount aligned ok and took some images.

This is deff the best of them, as you can see it was rather ORANGE with light pollution and Clouds. 4 frames stacked each frame at ISO 1600(wow does this camera perform well at that) esp of 3 mins each. First pic is just a stack no processing and second is processed in Image Plus and Photoshop(anyone fancy a go at the orange one?)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Going to reprocess tommorow :clouds1:..

Well chuffed James :clouds1:

well done James mate you are getting on fast with that, great images for first light and i love the orion one a super wide field nowwwww a longer exposure and you are in business mate , super shots

Rog

:clouds1:

Hi Rog,

The orion pic is a crop :shock: the orignal was a huge FOV but street lights and clouds spoiled it somewhat so i cropped orion out :clouds1: couldnt get a longer exposure due to the clouds etc etc last night i was imaging through clouds most of the time :clouds1: cant wait too see what i get under better conditions should be great!

In the first image i have captured a Nebula no idea what it is (Unprocessed pic you can make it out top of the pic to the right) maybe a cluster but it looks like a nebula to me?

Thanks

James

I am expecting to see great things from this set up.

If your first shots are anything to go by.

Another pic from last night this shows a wonderfull FOV quite impressed with this from the canons standered lens :clouds1:

Heavy processing to rid the clouds and LP..

image.jpg

Cheers Jamie :clouds1:

image.jpg

As you can see there were plenty of thin layered clouds about i processed them out a little..

James :clouds1:

looking very good there James i like the wide field on these pics and it begs for some serious wide field deep sky images , would be nice if you get a clear run try M31 i,m sure you can crack it first light, as long as you can deal with the light pollution , James is it possible to use filters with the camera, if so i would say get a CLS filter they are great for galaxies,

Cheers

Rog

:clouds1:

Hi Rog,

Yeah you can put filters on the Camera and also the 2"T-Adapter a CLS filter would be perfick for the Job your right i may ask Santa for one :clouds1:.

Thanks

(anyone fancy a go at the orange one?)

.... I think I'll pass :shock: :clouds1:

Steve

:clouds1: Steve it's a tough one mate i could only get what you see under it! Maybe i should change the Blue Hue to White mmmmm i feel a play coming on.

Thanks