Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

telescope making

nathanhatton

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a complete beginner myself, but I just bought a tube from a Skywatcher 250px flextube for use with a.10" mirror. Will have to change the truss length.I bought it from astroboot, they've still got them in stock, 50 pounds.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a 10-ich Dob I made some time ago. The mirror housing is made from thin (1/16") plywood wrapped around a couple of 9mm plywood rings - secondary cage is the same but no thin ply exterior to keep the weight down. Six truss tubes were used rather than the then standard eight. Used TV aerial poles for the truss rodes they were thinner wall than most on-line tubes - again to keep the forward weight down...

post-14748-0-46498900-1351181970_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

finally got a tube for my 8 inch mirror of all things its a galvanized 9 inch tube and by the off chance my orion optics mirror cell fits perfectly in the tube well happy plus the tube has a spiral down it so i think airflow should be good through the tube

Archived