Synscan GOTO Upgrade Kit for the EQ3-2? Or ...

Costs £299, apparently.

Synscan GOTO Upgrade Kit | Telescope Accessories | Rother Valley Optics

Would this be a good buy? Presumably it would turn my EQ3-2 into an EQ3 PRO GOTO (which I would have gone for if I could have afforded the extra £280 at the time when I bought my 'scope. Six weeks ago, darn it!).

Or would I be better advised to dump (or fleabay) my current tripod/mount setup, and spend real money (£486 with FLO) on a Skywatcher EQ5 PRO Synscan GOTO?

Sigh! I always seem to leap in feet first and buy the wrong thing! However, having tried my 150p for a few nights (and been bowled over) I now feel ready to spend the kids' inheritance on a decent bit of kit!

Opinions?

Yes, Tribal Wolf, but that's £575.

The Skywatcher EQ5 PRO Synscan GOTO is a mere £486.

The guy posting the advt is selling a HEQ5, and upgrading to a NEQ6. I suppose those items are seriously beyond the £500 I was thinking of. I don't mind spending the kids' inheritance, but I draw the line at leaving a negative balance in my will ...

Archived