Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 (my first ever image)

Tohrazer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your "1st image" is probably in my opinion the most important one you will ever take.all your others will be judge on it by your good self, and its nice to see the steady improvement made over time.i have some pretty average images taken 3 years back :) its great looking back at them!

Here's my fist ever attempt at an image. Can't be much worse than that!

My images were like this when I started.

I was using eyepiece projection onto film, so they also had a significant and unremovable glow.

Question: is that really M101?. M101 is a face on spiral, this looks more oblique like M31

Derek

Hooray for posting we get so many great images on here it can make lesser mortals scared to post there first attempts but lets face it we all start at the bottom and work our way up from there so really glad you posted this one. It looks like M31 the great Andromeda Galaxy to me M101 is really faint and quite hard to capture. So tell us what you did to capture this with some details, you have a skywatcher 150 and that is capable of some great images if you want examples check out Riks images. Looks like your telescope needs coliminating though.

Stargazers Lounge - RikMcRae's Album: Deep sky

The best way to learn & get better, it to post & ask the guys to comment, on how to improve.

My M51 from last week, was laughable - but post, get comments, take on board & learn.

Here's my fist ever attempt at an image. Can't be much worse than that!

That should have been Quatermass's first DSO, seeing as it looking like something from Quatermass...

...or maybe Blake's 7. :)

I also vote that the OP repost his M101. It's probably not as bad as you think, but even if it is, you'll be able to look at the forum in another year and see how far you've progressed. I've done that from the start, and it really is encouraging.

I will have to back through my stuff and find some more first attempts but when people stop posting there first attempts no matter how bad they think they are then we will all be the worse off for it. I can recall coming on here and seeing stuff that people were struggling with and being very encouraged by seeing these first attempts. I love seeing both the great images and the first attempts they are both very important sharing your stuff is how we all learn and progress, so lets see that image please

Archived