Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC5146 - The Cocoon Nebula

steppenwolf

Having just introduced myself and said that my main interest is in imaging, I thought I should just post the most recent image I have taken.

I could hardly believe the break in the weather on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th July as I have not been able to image for nearly two months because of the atrocious conditions. I decided to visit an object that fascinates me as it displays both reflection and emission nebulosity but is tricky to capture as it is not that bright in my light polluted skies.

cocoon_nebula_070707_l.jpg

That is a corker Steve. It's really beautiful, and the refection and emission components aare well illustrated in that splendid image.

I would also like to compiment you on your website, although it's now 1:15 am and I can barely keep my eyes open.

I see you have a superb collection of equipment, and a wonderful dome too.

I can visualize some good stuff coming our way, and we will all enjoy seeing it.

Ron. :wink:

Archived