Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_open_clusters.thumb.jpg.f534ff4cbeb9f1a55a0d894ac8bc190b.jpg

daz

Camping more than 4 nights?? Please read

For those that are camping for more than 4 nights, Lucksall have suggested that you could pitch onto the hard standing pitches 100-109.

Apparently, the gravel there is suitable for tents.

Alternatively, you will need to move your tent after the 4th night. There is no movement on this, I'm afraid...

The reason is that they have recently re-seeded many pitches and the ground sheets will damage the grass if left unmoved for any length of time.

There are a number of caravans that are booked for 2 or 3 nights, so putting them onto grass for such a short period of time is not an issue.

So, if you would like to move your pitch to hard standing, please let me know.

Thanks

OK, so no-one has contacted me about moving, which is fine.

Again, the camp site have asked if you are staying more than 4 nights in a tent, that you move the tent after the 4th night.... Just so you know!!

:)

I'll be arriving on Tuesday and just use the little pop up tent for bits and bobs, and kip in the VW camper until Thursday when Mrs H arrives. I will then set iup the big tent for the next 4 days. I'll also shift the camper slightly every day so it's not on the same patch of grass.

Rob

I will either arrive or leave a day early depending on the weather forecast ... I had booked for 5 nights...

Peter...

Just to confirm- read :)

As long as the mount doesn't need to move :) :)

lol! No Nick, the mount is OK!!

:)

I will be setting up Wed evening and clearing off lunch time Sunday. So will use my 4 nights and then leave rather than move.