SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 6992 - 7-7-07 - 350D After Cleaning - Added New Image

jcm

This is the first image after getting my camera back. Had to go to London on Sunday (8th) so only time for 25 X 1min exp , 350D , 400 iso.Taken with 130mm APO at F6. Should have got the image a bit higher up. But not bad for a rushed job. Ready now for trying some much longer exp.

EDIT - Just noticed I used the wrong master dark frame doh!

It does seem to have more detail

John

post-13061-133877329225_thumb.jpg

post-13061-133877329263_thumb.jpg

Cracking image.. 8)

Who cleaned your Eos and how much??

Greg

Not quite just cleaning !!

The replacement Baader filter had some marks on it ( from manufacturing). These marks were removed by Andy ( Astronomiser ). I had originally got him to install this filter for me.

John

Nice one John , caught that ok mate , have to try and get it on the angle then it should fit the frame a treat ,

nice work

Rog

Yep , good idea - would get more of the neb in the frame. Its a bit difficult to know what you are going to get when you cannot "see" what you are imaging. I suppose one long exp and stretch it would have confirmed its position.

John

Nice! Although I don't quite understand about the 25 x 1 minute exposures. How did you manage that? Wouldn't the view have moved slightly due to the Earth's rotation in those 25 minutes?

*Shows complete lack of knowledge of anything astrophotographical*

Nice! Although I don't quite understand about the 25 x 1 minute exposures. How did you manage that? Wouldn't the view have moved slightly due to the Earth's rotation in those 25 minutes?

*Shows complete lack of knowledge of anything astrophotographical*

Quite right it would have done - BUT the telescope was being guided by a guide camera attached to an 80mm guide scope. The images were then aligned with each other and stacked together. So you end up with a long exposure with all the stars placed on top of each other completely removing the Earth's rotational effect.

John

Found out I used the wrong master dark frame.

Reprocessed. Added new image below the old in first post on this thread.

Actually it does seem to have more detail than the first.

John

Archived