Do You Ever Get Scared @ A Dark Location?

I dont scare easily, being 6` 4 and rather intimidating, but most fear is in our minds, i do a lot of c a r p angling that involves camping at a quiet lake for a few days at a time, i found my first night ever a bit daunting but dont give it a second thought nowadays

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most of the time im observing, i am on my own, ten minute drive outside town to a car park at a castle,

in all the times ive been out their ive never been comfortable about it, i do tell herself where im going and what time ill be back,

most of the time im observing, i am on my own, ten minute drive outside town to a car park at a castle,

in all the times ive been out their ive never been comfortable about it, i do tell herself where im going and what time ill be back,

I wish I could do that ,I tell her that I am going out on a Friday night and I be back at 11 pm I am more than lucky to be back by the next friday.

Find a few astro-buddies to go observing with. Possibly join a local group that should have an observing site you can visit during obsy sessions. Other than that just load up with stakes, garlic and silver bullets (boy, the moggies sure have some funny ideas where you are).

So far i've stayed in my back-garden, but i'd like to venture out soon. Touch wood we don't have many problems where i live, but do you ever get scared when your out by yourself, late at night in a very dark location?

I'm quite silly, i don't get scared, but i start thinking about Bigfoots, Ghosts and other paranormal things. LOL. I spend very little time worrying about other humans.

Do you worry, or have you ever had any worrying moments?

Hi

i see your point.

the best thing to do is join an astronomy club , there is always safety in numbers and people are really helpful

thanks

I completely agree!

I can just see the story in the papers...

"2 ASTROLOGERS KILLED!!

Late last night, 2 unrelated local astronomers stabbed each other to death with make-shift weapons, each believing the other was a thug, after they bumped into one another at a local dark site. Police say poor visibility on the ground due to the late hour and subsequent lack of sunlight was the cause. " :)

You so know they'd get it wrong though...

I've watched paranormal activity 1 & 2, and 3 to watch this week and regularly sleep with the lights on for a few nights - moral of the story - no horror films for at least a month before dark sky sites on your own :0)

Ill second that ...

I always take music with me, so if any animals and stuff were around they wouldn't come very close. I also talk to myself allot (that probably makes me sound crazy) but that keeps me from thinking about other stuff like that.

Theme from the Exorsist?

Archived