Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Heath 2012

HASSAC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ohhh that could soooo be read the wrong way lol - we'll be happy to meet your wife Starlight (me, my missus, and glider that is hehe). There'll be a brew on by day (plus hopefully a solar scope), and a scope out by night :)

We set out to see about 10 of you from the fourm and some how we never got round to seeing you, So you are back on the list for this time round as we only come over for the day.

Even my 81 year old mum is going this year :)

She could be in the running for `The Most Senior Camper`prize.

Started to get packed now.

Still got to work out an observing list.

Hopefully it will be clear enough for a tour round the Virgo Cluster.

Don`t forget the Lyrids are active so there might be

a few meteors to entertain us.

Just watched the 5 day forcast on the BBC. There is going to be a low pressure causing wind and rain up until Thursday. Pushing that out of the way is a high pressure. Fingers crossed that the high keeps pushing and is in place for the weekend.

Could I just draw your attention to this post http://stargazerslounge.com/star-parties/179773-kelling-heath-2012-a.html#post2256463

from leeq below. It was originally removed because it was not clear whether it conflicted with our current Buy / Sell rules.

I have reinstated it because Lee has indicated that he is very generously offering the pitch for free and would like it to go to a good home.

If you are interested, please PM Lee.

Mike

Have PM'ed

Well...due to our need to pack as we're looking to move soon, I won't be using the pitch I've paid for. I'm still coming up for the experience, as we'd also paid for a lodge over the same dates, just won't get to do any imaging.

If anyone would like to take over the following pitch, drop me a PM.

Arrival date: 20-Apr-12

Departure date: 23-Apr-12

Unit type: Red Squirrel Area

Plot number: T318

So Red 318 if anyone wants to pick up this one.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Lee.

Andy can't make it today, so this pitch is still available if anyone wants Red 318.

Failing that, if you're near or adjacent and want the space, go for it :)

I'll be in the Ash Lodge from later this afternoon till Monday, so i'll try and get round and say hello to folks at least!

Cheers,

Lee.

Hi All

Iv spoke to Lee and at this moment in time and all being well will be coming and going to be on pitch Red 318 Fingers crossed.. (no tent as Yet)

Back from kelling heath what can I say rain rain and more rain but I did get a glimpse of Venus :D other than that it was a very vet weekend away .. and too add to injury I had to call out the RAC as I had a flat battery on the car when I was about to leave :) never mind looking forward to September to try it all again with out the flat car battery ...

We had a fantastic night last night. We caught the ISS in Colin's Mak-Newt. Venus was brilliant, Mars was its usual unimpressive self visually and Saturn was glorious and clear even at x279 magnification in the C14. Then there was plenty of deep sky stuff too, M13 looking great and M51 showing so much detail in a 12" dob.

Not so sure about the hail today though. Looking forward to the final night tonight, hopefully the weather will be as good as last night.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived