Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first attempt..

Carl*

as the title suggests, this is my first attempt at a lunar image using my Canon EOS 60D attached to my 6" newt.

This was the sharpest image of about 20 i took, and i'm just not entirely happy.

Compared to most of the images i've seen on the forum and elsewhere it appears i need help/advice!

was taken at 1/250, ISO100, no PP

critique/advice very welcome

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7044/6967646113_43c88dd596_z.jpg' alt='6967646113_43c88dd596_z.jpg'> IMG_1808 by Carlos575, on Flickr

That is an exellent image!! It appears to be in focus, which can be tricky to do! The Moon is very low in the sky at the moment so you will be fighting against atmospheric turbulence and poor "seeing" as astronomers call it.

If you still have your twenty images try loading them into Registax 5 (freeware) and stacking them - you may find that your "stack" will improve the final image to a surprising degree!

(If you are not sure what to do drop a reply and we will help you)

That is an exellent image!! It appears to be in focus, which can be tricky to do! The Moon is very low in the sky at the moment so you will be fighting against atmospheric turbulence and poor "seeing" as astronomers call it.

If you still have your twenty images try loading them into Registax 5 (freeware) and stacking them - you may find that your "stack" will improve the final image to a surprising degree!

(If you are not sure what to do drop a reply and we will help you)

all the images were taken within about 5-10 minutes, so could they still be 'stacked'?

The freeware you mention rings a bell, i've just had so little time to actually observe/take pics! had my scope about 2 1/2 yrs and the DSLR only 3 months and its only in the last few weeks i've managed to set it up and get some images!! (and thats only because i'm off work with a bad back at the mo!)

Nothing wrong with that image.

If you have Photoshop or similar you can find a lot more detail just by sharpening and saturating the image..........here's a quickie,a bit over done perhaps.

That's great!!

I bought photoshop elements 10 the other week when it was on offer for £35 from pc world but it's so confusing!!!

Think there's so many options on/in the software i don't know where to start.

Lending the dummies guide to it from the local library next week.

Archived