Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

m1ck

good viewing?

jupiter and venus look relly bright tonight . wots the viewing like for u scope users ?:)

Meh indeed :). No sooner had I got my new Starwave 102 ED on the mount the clouds started to come in. Played a bit of cat and mouse with Jupiter through gaps in the cloud, but gave up when most of the gaps got fiiled in :hello2:.

Did give me a very short chance to try my new Baader Hyperion clickstop zoom - I like it very much so far... .

Left the mount up and ready, just in case the murk blows over, but although I can see the odd star from time to time, I don't think its going to be a great night.

its early yet , dont give up just yet. from here they are like really bright in the sky, couldnt be brighter [dont think]

Just got about 5 mins with Jupiter.

I have decided the cheapy 10mm lens that came with my scope is trash! I get a reasonable look with the 25mm and the 2x barlow.

:)

And I feel quite bad becuase 3 of my friends have gone out and spent good money on scopes becuase of me! and cant be used for days or weeks on end because of the blumming weather

IT COULD BE WORSE ...IT COULD BE FOGGY , WAIT TILL THE SUMMER, DEW DEW AND MORE DEW.

I'm selling all my shiz, and I've left it in the garden - hope someone comes and nicks it! What an **** of a night. :)

*temper boiling*

Absolutely clear as a bell here, makes a nice change. Stuck at work tonight and tomorrow I bet it clouds over Sunday night when i am at home.

Got a week of cloud forecast here...fortunately I don't place any reliance on the BBC weather :hello2: (eternal optimist that I am :)).

Moon trying to break through the cloud, but everytime I reach for a scope, it goes and hides again... . Maybe I should take up radio-astronomy - that's cloud proof, right?

Might just admit defeat for tonight and go get myself a wee dram, maybe a Highland Park 12years. Mrs Marki is opting for the Lagavulin :D.

I had a couple of hours outside before the Moon showed up and ruined everything. I was looking for comet Gerrard but didnt manage to see it.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

Went to bed with the hump. Left Stella outsaide. Woke up this morning Stella gone and not in front room.

Yeah, yeah he'd put her in the garage. Probably to teach me a lesson about not coming in screaming I wish some flipper would steal dat biatch I'm flipping sick of this shizzle!!!

Honestly, what other kind of hobby can fume you up so much like this??

Stuck my head out about midnight, and saw Saturn, so spent the next 45 mins just saying "wow", then it disappeared again, but at least I got some in.

my house faces the wrong way to see venus and jupiter with my scope. but im constantly looking at them when im out and about, they look stunning. not a great idea to look at them when driving tho :)

Hehe - hope you are calmer now Sanmatt! SOunds like Stella could do with some comforting after that ordeal (or maybe just a good clear sky:D).

I do sympathise though, the air here is often turned blue - in direct proportion to the amount of cloud cover :)!

hehe yes thank you I am a lot calmer now. Stella needs a damn good session that's all! I can't seem to stop myself sticking my head out of the door and shouting f off clouds across the garden! And slamming the door shut :) The neighbours must think I'm bonkers.

Hi Sanmatt.

Hope you,ve got an understnading husband,maybe Therepy would help.

Clouds dont really listen you know.

Funny though.

Mick.

yet again its dreadful outside, so just going to stay in tonight and catch up on my stitching

I started this design in September and I still havent finished it, it was supposed to have been done in time for Chrimbo. I think I'm close to the end now :) Then I'll wash rthe fabric and frame it.

JOAN ELLIOTT 'S CHRISTMAS POST CHART ONLY | eBay

It's quite a large design to do - 11.5x10"

Hehe - good excercise in patience for when its cloudy outside :). Was clear here (well a bit) so had a quick peep at Jupiter and Venus, but I've been out to dinner and maybe had a wee bit too much wine and a mojito, so will retire early tonight. Don't wanna be drunk in charge of a telescope and drop something... :hello2:.

Edited by Marki

I'd kill for a tall cold one of those right now. I have some fresh mint, and some rum...what else do I need??