Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Dave7a

Travelodges and RF shielding....?

Has anyone ever managed to get a fone signal INSIDE a Travelodge? I've stayed in lots and have never been able to use either my fone or the internet, but step out the front door and I have both! I almost considered buying their WiFi at £5/hr today but refused cos I suspect an evil plot is afoot! Lol. I'm on 3 and I can see the 3 network and all the others from the room but it tells me my sim won't allow me to connect?

Interested to know of others experience... :)

Iv always been on 3 and last time I had a HDTV advantage x7500(google it it's a monster) and I had full signal + 4g and that was about 3/4 years ago though

I know some places have sheilding. Like cwmaman institute has because of the music festival. In work when I'm in store I get bad signal though not because of any shielding but the metal roof and walls act like a faraday cage so perhaps that's what's happening for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most travelodges , premier inns etc, are metalframe construction with concrete block walls, so yeah you are in a faraday cage in effect.

think yourself lucky, my house is built from bricks where they used slag from the then local steelworks to bulk out the brick clay, a complete b**** to drill through and the whole house becomes a cage