Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Gazing Live Oxford - Fri 16th March

Ooh, sound like a good chance to get our and meet a few locals...who knows, The Witney Astro Group could be born yet!

Any chance of discounted ticket for a friend Sandra?

Ticket prices are nowt to do with me Si, even my ole fella has to buy a ticket! :)

I checked with the organisers, there will be plenty of scopes out, so I'm not tkaing mine :hello2: Bring your little one along, she'll love it.

I've asked the missus, she's not overtly bothered, but for a fiver each the little one will be with me, get her into it young and all...

By the way, it is possible to buy a ticket there, or it's it tickets in advance only?

As far as I know you can get a ticket from Science Oxford on the night. But I would have a look on the site I posted and buy them on there, or something.

They are looking to meet at 630. I'll be there an hour earlier so I can get my ID badge and stuff. Ask me any tricky questions and I will bash you haha

Tonight was a huge success - apart from the shabby weather of course.

Lots of people turned up, loads of chaps from here took scopes and were on hand with loads of wonderful information.

It was super. And it was wonderful to meet you all.

And I'm off to bed because I'm working at the NEC at silly O'Clock tomorrow:

The Big Bang Fair

Tonight was a huge success - apart from the shabby weather of course.

Lots of people turned up, loads of chaps from here took scopes and were on hand with loads of wonderful information.

It was super. And it was wonderful to meet you all.

And I'm off to bed because I'm working at the NEC at silly O'Clock tomorrow:

The Big Bang Fair

It's good that so any science professionals really try and help kids get into it :) I took a load of electrophoresis kit and filtration colony counting bits into my local school on Thursday. I let the upper 6th form kids run some SDS-PAGE gels and stain them up to look at the protein bands, and lower 6th and year 11s talked about electrophoresis, and then they did some tap water filtration and estimated CFU/100ml using some (ink jet printed) colonies.

It was great fun.

Back from the Big Bang Fair.

Well...it seems everyone wants to be an engineer or a physicist, and my job in biomedical sciences is a bit McNaff!!

Good job I can speak a tiddly bit about engineering and physics then!

"oh?? so you're not a doctor??" :)

"Mum to child: "No, it's not a doctor..." :)

"it's not the same as being a doctor then?" :)

When did being a scientist become a dirty word? :)

120 children and 60 parents I spoke to today, and almost all of then think being a lab scientist is McTescos 'Failed doctor' McJob.

Except for one boy who said I was 'well cool'.

Archived