Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Different Tadpole - IC410

This is actually first light for the FSQ85EDX which came back from Japan with me at the end of February. :D:D:D

Struggled to get some quality time under the sky since lot of thin wispy clouds kept coming through my imaging sessions, therefore, in the end I have to kill quite a lot of frames. :(:(:(

The BW image is first light via the BabyQ which is composed of;

18x 13min H Alpha frames

The colour data comes from Matt's image (Squidy) and is blended in using a colour layer in Photoshop. A mask is applied with a blur to feather the data into my BW (HA) only image.

Some day we will find away using astrometry to align our cameras.:):rolleyes::hello2:

I hope you like it, its definitely an unusual effect, I have seen this kind of toning do in normal photography but not in astrophotography before now?

I have lifted the black point a little and given it a slightly stronger contrast stretch. You can play for hours with these images.:D:D:D

post-15658-133877744405_thumb.jpg

post-15658-133877744413_thumb.jpg

post-15658-133877744458_thumb.jpg

Nice first light. For me the Baby Q is the best imaging scope I've ever used and the most productive. It can knock 'em out in the wind, in bad seeing, in changing temperature... It's fast and even faster with the reducer, the colour correction is impeccable, the field is flat, the image is sharp... etc etc etc. It just does it. I reckon you'll really enjoy it. Good choice. I just wish I had four on a multi-array. Hell, no, eight!

Olly

Nice first light. For me the Baby Q is the best imaging scope I've ever used and the most productive. It can knock 'em out in the wind, in bad seeing, in changing temperature... It's fast and even faster with the reducer, the colour correction is impeccable, the field is flat, the image is sharp... etc etc etc. It just does it. I reckon you'll really enjoy it. Good choice. I just wish I had four on a multi-array. Hell, no, eight!

Olly

I was actually shocked by it performance so far. I know that the FSQ are good but I didn't know that they were this good. Especially move from the Sky90 to this scope - WOW.

The stars are pin-point right in to the corners and like you already said, at this focal length you could probable image in a storm.

I have the reducer too but need to trim down an adapter between my SBIG and filter wheel to use it properly.

A big thanks goes to my "Takahashi Dealer" Yamamoto san who gave me a nice trading-in deal and discount on the FSQ, well this is my 4 scope from him!!! So in many whys he his my "dealer":D:D:D

If any of you ever get the chance look him up "Starbase Akihabara-Japan" Its a great shop to visit, just leave your wallet in the hotel!!!:):rolleyes::hello2:

Im looking forward to using the FSQ at SGL7, cant wait.

Archived