A very interesting concept. A pst bino

garethmob

I made one a few years ago, the performance was pretty much as described so I would think it's accurate. I was keen to buy a 2nd hand 60mm Coronado Solarmax but on comparison preferred the view through the bino PST. :D

£1600 plus shipping for a pair of old PST scopes, 10mm eyepieces, a bino mounting plate seems a lot to me even if the views are excellent :D

Actually you are right. For that money, you can buy a pair of Lunt 35 with <0.75A bandpass and have over £200 spare for that bino plate.

EDIT: I thought it was £1000 when I saw it earlier

He had the pick from the stores stock... How many does the average astro shop stock? Even if a large enough quantity to qualify his statement I would be pretty annoyed with him if I'd subsequently bought one from said shop to find out he'd had it out the box and been messing with it.

I'm sure he had the price lower when it was first listed, maybe he decided to throw in the doublestack filter as an after thought and upped the price. I'd think about buying that if it was seperate and at a reasonable price.

But it's not.

Archived