Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New bins - double-super-amazing-with-cherry-on-top WOW

OK,

so if you dont already know I've been using a very old pair of my dad's old 8x40 binos to play 'astronomer' with.

And Dad, being awesome as he is, as got me some proper Meade 10x50s.

And OMG! Everything looks so so so much better and even more mesmerising and beautiful than even before!! I've been staring between the moon and saturn this evening, just from my window (yeah, I'm a tired wuss tonight, too cold and too cloudy to be out there for the sake of it) and I'm just amazed at how a new pair of 'proper' bins makes such a difference.

Hoping that is isnt the start of aperture fever - but I am amazed.

And I never thought I'd wish the full moon wasnt so bright!

Hi Miranda,

I've just received my L-Adaptor today so I hope to be able to hold my 10x50s steady. I caught a glimpse of Orion's nebula and that was amazing and, subject to the cloud base rising above my ankles, I've planned to find Andromeda (M31.) tonight. It's been windy and cold when it has been clear this week so it made it even harder to hold my bins. I just managed to catch a glimpse of Jupiter's moons the first time I used them.

Happy observing,

Bill.

Enjoy Miranda,

I saw some great things with my Strathspey 10x50s this winter, Jupiter and the Gallelean moons, the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy through moderate light pollution.

Only sad thing is we've had very few clear nights around here in ages!

Archived