Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

As Promised - Major Stargazrs Upgrade!

Hi everyone,

I've just made a big upgrade to the Stargazrs website, revolving around equipment.

There is now a 'gear' option at the top: http://stargazrs.com/browse/gear you can see various pieces of equipment in different categories, you can also read the reviews and ratings added by other users.

When logged in, in your control panel is an 'Add Gear' option, this lets you add a piece of equipment to your gear list, you can either choose from the drop down boxes an existing item or, if it isn't already listed, add it yourself. You can then add a review and some ratings to the object.

You can then build up your own list of equipment and review/rate each item you own or have owned.

You can also display a list of items you currently own (like people do in their signatures on the forum) using the widgets:

widget.png

All feedback welcome, I have a few more ideas for improving these new features but for now, I need sleep!

The idea is to build up a big database of equipment, reviews, ratings and lists of everybodies equipment - so then we can all be nosy and see what everyone else has :wink:

Cheers,

Grant

Sounds a really useful innovation. I will add my "Kit" over the next few days.

Once we have a "Library" of different kit reviews it will become an essential read for anyone thinking about buying Astro equipment.

Tom

In less than 24 hours we've already had quite a few reviews added as well as some new equipment items that weren't already in the database :cool:

I've only listed my main items so far but will keep adding until I've catalogued everything I currently own :wink:

588_thumbnail.png

(click to enlarge)

If you see an image above, it means the latest update to Stargazrs is working!

You can now upload images directly from the forum into your Stargazrs account, you get given a code to copy and paste into your forum message so people can see the image :wink:

When you create or reply to a post, under the text box is "Cilck Here To Upload an Image (Using Stargazrs)" click on this and follow the form, it will remember if your logged into the Stargazrs account so should be alot easier than the old Isee Stars one :cool:

Archived