Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

ottoman

I bought a Skywatcher Skymax 90

I bought a Skywatcher Skymax 90 from FLO yesterday, it got a really good review from sky at night magazine. I wanted something that was really small so I can just leave it in the car. My girlfriend is going to kill me.

Edited by ottoman

That'll give some nice views of the moon. Also, by leaving it in the car it will be nice and cold when you come to use it :D

the skymax`s are nice scopes, i have its really big brother, but the 90 is a great travel scope

works a treat on the horizon 8115 too, that tripod is more discrete than most lol

I have just got a Skymax 90 myself. Secondhand. £70. Had a quick go with it last night on my Synscan Goto mount. Good views of Jupiter and Venus before the cloud came in.

I bought a Skywatcher Skymax 90 from FLO yesterday, it got a really good review from sky at night magazine. I wanted something that was really small so I can just leave it in the car. My girlfriend is going to kill me.

Encourage your GF to gaze with you? But dont get into the bad habits like this bunch and start fibbing and telling half truths about kit :) You'll always be found out in the end lol

Enjoy your gazing :hello2: Hopefully you can both do it as a couple

That'll give some nice views of the moon. Also, by leaving it in the car it will be nice and cold when you come to use it :)

If it hasn't been broken into and swiped.

Dont leave it on show. Trust me, I've had a nasty break-in and the insurance wont pay out for it, it's heartbreaking.

Encourage your GF to gaze with you? But dont get into the bad habits like this bunch and start fibbing and telling half truths about kit :) You'll always be found out in the end lol

Enjoy your gazing :hello2: Hopefully you can both do it as a couple

haha! Ok sanmatt advice taken! I wish she would do it with me but she is not a fan of cold weather.

haha! Ok sanmatt advice taken! I wish she would do it with me but she is not a fan of cold weather.

No need to be cold luv, just wrap up plenty. Lots of layers. Im seriously toasty when Im out :)