Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

StarSupernova

I've just joined this forum. I've been interested in astronomy since I was a child. I recently bought my first telescope and I was shocked, initially, by the clarity of the moon which was the first thing I looked for. To see the craters in such detail for the first time was amazing and with more experience I hope to be able to find other objects. Jupiter is hard to find and keep in view. Lol

So, hi. :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to SGL. Things do zoom through your field of view quite rapidly in this game. You will have no problems finding Jupiter at the moment, Venus too and Mars later in the night and then there is Saturn in the early hours of the morning, if you are a night owl, all you need is a clear sky. Happy gazing.

Hi and welcome.

I have just bought a scope and joined the forum too.

I agree the first time you see things really clearly is a real buzz - the cloud belts of Jupiter and its moons and the rings on Saturn. :D

Here's to clear nights!

Hi and welcome to the forum. You might want to download "Stellarium"here to help you find and identify future objects. Easy to use, it's free with lots of "toys" to keep you going when the clouds appear (....and stay!:D). There is a nice date/time advance that will also help you plan your viewing sessions.

Clear skies

James

Archived