Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So, *think* I just managed to work out which dot in the sky was saturn..

Just checking - looks kinda yellowy orange, very bright so noticable with the naked eye, and not too far away to the left of spica?

Yeah I know with the binos its just a slightly bigger dot, but well, I like to be sure I know what it is I'm looking at before I get all excited about adding another planet to 'I know what that dot there is' list.

Yeah I know I can check it with Stellarium, but I wanted to check with real people and not a program.

Ta folks :)

Please excuse this moment of girly excitement....

SQUEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEE

I see Saturn!!! *dance of joy and wonder*

Now back to your normal SGL viewing..

Thank you

We've ALL done that dance :) :) :icon_scratch:

can't beat it, can you Miranda? :)

You must get to see it though a telescope, is there no astronomy society/club who are close by? When you do see it through one

I suggest someone stands close to you, to stop you from falling due to sheer excitement :)

Mrs cthorpey got her first view of Saturn tonight. She did the dance too! Apparently Saturn is "cute" :)

Never heard it called that before. Awsome, Awe inspiring Wonderful, but never cute. maybe a new one for the abbreviations list.

Cute= Saturn

Please excuse this moment of girly excitement....

SQUEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEE

Thank you

Something I still do regularly even after a few years of observing! Yup, we're all mad and the neighbours are geting used to me, I think!

Congrats on your first view of Saturn. It's just the best! :)

Alexxx

Got My first look in around 15 years or so last night :)

could clearly see space between the rings and the planet an awesome sight!! actually looked like one of those glow in the dark stickers you used to get as a kid :)

used my 10mm through my 127mk it was just on the horizon though, could have done with going out a bit later I think!

hopefully will stay clear tonight and I'll have a proper look :icon_scratch:

Later is definitely better. After 1am is not too bad, but at the moment I think optimal viewing time is probably around 3am. I finally rolled into bed at 2:10am this morning, but my body hates me for it now :)

James

Archived