Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC434 - First try at mosaics

Uranium235

Just packed up and processed what ive got as patchy, fast moving cloud started to spoil things. Why is it that could always turns up just when you need a couple more subs?

Anyway, this is my first bash at a mosaic. I thought I would try one thats pretty easy as its just two panes, with a 20% overlap. Sticking it together was much easier than I thought it would be, and this time round the flex has been reduced as Alnitak now has a concentric halo :) yay!

I was rather pleased with the PHD graph as well, the dec axis was being very well behaved indeed.

IC434: Horsehead Nebula

18x300 (Ha) per pane

ED80 (0.85x), Atik 314L+, CG5-GT

Setpoint: -10

Guiding: Good

Thanks for looking :)

Rob

attachment.php?attachmentid=81577&stc=1&d=1330989834

post-18171-133877742556_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877742563_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike & Quatermass :)

Mosaics are something I wouldnt mind having another go at, its not as scary as it first looks. The only trouble is that im running out of stuff to do becuase the MW is on its way out at the mo. Not unless I attempt an all nighter at SGL7 and wait for the MW to rise again in the East (about 2 or 3am).

The #1 lesson ive learned though is to try and finish a pane in one go, rather than splitting it over two nights as there is less wasted space due to rotation or framing.

Very nice Rob, and yes the star shapes look great. A few more panels and you'll get Barnard's Loop involved... :headbang:

Thanks Lewis, Ive just looked up barnards loop... and errr... its a bit big! :D more like 20-30 panes for that sucker.

"We're going to need a bigger boat"

Archived