SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Prasad Kalyanasundaram Ipswich

prasadka

Hi,

I am an absolute newbie to astronomy, and am from Ipswich, Suffolk. I just bought a Meade ETX 90PE. The weeatherhs been very murky ever since I bought this :wink:. I am looking to meet experienced astronomers and want to learn a bit about sky watching and astrophotography in general.

Regards.

Prasad

Thanks folks for the welcome.

Hello Bill,

I am looking to join the OASI. Please, can you help?

Any tips on possible sites in the vicinity that i can carry my scope to?(I live in East Ipswich).

Regards,

Prasad

Thanks folks for the welcome.

Hello Bill,

I am looking to join the OASI. Please, can you help?

Any tips on possible sites in the vicinity that i can carry my scope to?(I live in East Ipswich).

Regards,

Prasad

I've sent you a PM regards the contact at OASI.

East Ipswich is always going to have problems with the light pollution from Ipswich and Felixstowe (huge and still gowing) docks. If you have transport I would suggest trying to find a site to the west of town (Coddenham to Mendlesham sort of area)? I have not actually looked myself as I am lucky to have a fairly good site at home.

Hope this is helpful?

Cheers

Bill :wink:

Hi Prasad, welcome to the forum , i live in essex but have a holiday home in orwell meadows by the orwell bridge, and i,m delighted with the sky from there, so much darker than my home in basildon , even with the light from the docks , there are ways of still enjoying your astronomy.

Cheers

Rog

Hi Prasad!

Another Ipswich Astronomer here (and another novice)!

If you ever need any assistance, I'm still a newbie, but I'm always happy to try and help. I'm combatting the streetlights and Ipswich Docks from the other side of Ipswich to you. Not managed to venture out and try and find a dark site yet - let me know if you have any luck looking!

Also sending you a PM about the OASI...

Cheers,

Peonic

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I agree whole heartedly that this forum is by far the best source of information and the friendliest community i have come across. Have already made significant progress in some areas where I was seeking information.

Regards,

Prasad

Now no excuses guys , this was taken with my old web cam .modded , when i started imaging , image taken from Orwell Meadows camp site, and this was right over the docks, so all i,m saying is , there is nothing you cant get from that location , indeed its far better than where i live ,

Good luck

Rog

image.jpg

Archived