Schoolboy error

iwatkins

Hi All,

Night of the third I set up my NEQ6 with my 180 Mak on top to test my modded webcam and capture some video. Worked really well.

Last night (4th), I set up to do some imaging with my new 80ED. M45 was my first target. Polar alignment and 3 star align was spot on.

Plan in APT is whirring away and after about ten minutes, a small patch of cloud comes over. I pause the plan until it clears but while I'm there, quickly check some JPEGs of the plan so far.

Oh, I seem to have star trails. Long ones too. On all the subs so far. So, double check everything is tight. Make sure my scope is well balanced. Already had done so, but checked again. No cables snagged? Nope. Ermmm. :)

Cup of tea later, had a thought. Onto the handset and check everything there. Oh, er, Tracking? Lunar? Yep. Should be Sidereal. Doh!! :)

Anyway, always check Tracking before starting an imaging run. Another thing to add to the list.

Cheers

Ian

You wait untill you do my classic.

Set up the scope to get some AVIs of Jupiter.

Could not get the camera to work so spent a long long time checking cables,connections, capture software ect only to discover I had left the dust cap on the scope.

Archived