Webcam shot test - 03/03/2012

iwatkins

Hi All,

I modified a Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro for astro work and used in anger tonight. Webcam is designed to work with a Mac, but works equally well with a Windows PC. The QuickCam 9000 Pro is the Windows version.

I simply removed the lens, cut the front cover hole big enough to fit a 1.25" nosepiece and glued it in. Took me maybe 1/2 an hour to convert it. Seeing the prices of the SPC900 have gone nuts, maybe this was a good time to do it.

Gary Honis has a guide to what this camera can do and a more pro conversion here

But basically, can do 1600x1200 at 5fps and the fps increases as the frame size reduces.

Anyway, shot below is with this webcam in the back of my 180 Mak. Video was a 1280x720 at 5fps and a total of 1000 frames. Stacked in Registax6.

Not got the hang of this software yet, especially wavelets. but best I can do. :)

Cheers

Ian

iwatkins-albums-lunar-picture16078-capture-03-03-2012-20-24-44.jpg

Archived