Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Sun core

When a protostar is forming it produces powerful jets from its poles.

When a Star dies it produces a double lobed nebula..

Sun spots appear as tunnels that suck in filaments back into the Sun and occur in pairs on opposite sides of the Sun...

What do we really know about the internal structure of the Sun? Could the Sun have formed around a primordial approx 1km size blackhole? What does astroseismology tell us about the internal structure of the sun. I have in my mind that sun has 1km sized primordial black hole inside the core surrounded by a hollow sphere of radiation surrounded by a deep convective plasma layer. Is this idea at least conceivable? Is it testable?

Sun spots appear as tunnels that suck in filaments back into the Sun and occur in pairs on opposite sides of the Sun...

:) Don't think that's correct is it?...Sunspots do usually come in pairs but this is related to the strong magnetic fields associated with them. The pairs are localised and are not linked to any sunspots that might happen to be on the opposite side of the Sun (which we generally cannot view unless from spacecraft like Ulysses).

What do we really know about the internal structure of the Sun?

Quite a bit. I hate to do this but try wikipedia :icon_scratch:

Could the Sun have formed around a primordial approx 1km size blackhole?

Not according to our understanding of stellar evolution (or conjecture relating to primordial black holes).

What does astroseismology tell us about the internal structure of the sun.

A shed load. Yet another link I'm afraid. This one on Helioseismology (a fascinating subject btw - but, much as I love the subject, not many black holes involved...:)).

I have in my mind that sun has 1km sized primordial black hole inside the core surrounded by a hollow sphere of radiation surrounded by a deep convective plasma layer. Is this idea at least conceivable? Is it testable?

A definitive test would be to detect Hawking radiation being emitted from the Sun (which we are not).

One simple, basic question for starters - How could the system you propose maintain equilibrium?

;).....Just my 2p worth

post-31088-133877741884_thumb.jpg

I have in my mind that sun has 1km sized primordial black hole inside the core surrounded by a hollow sphere of radiation surrounded by a deep convective plasma layer. Is this idea at least conceivable? Is it testable?

You would need a mechanism to stop the plasma falling into the black hole. You would also need to explain where the radiation comes from. And how the whole thing got created.

In a normal star (as conventionally understood) the weight of matter bearing down on the core is what creates the necessary heat and temperature for fusion to occur. Your theory doesn't explain observation (i.e. stars shine), is more complicated, and would require some new physics.

Archived