SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PATRICK MOORE

m1ck

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir Patrick, you are somewhat to blame for my interest in Astronomy, so, so many years ago, and you have been a continued inspiration over the years, Happy Birthday Sir, and many more of them :)

John.

Happy Birthday to Sir Patrick.

He's been an inspiration and a presence throughout my whole life! I still regularly read a copy of the Observer's book of Astronomy he wrote in 1962 - mine was printed in 1964 (about as old as me :icon_scratch:).

I think he qualifies for the status of National Treasure :):).

Happy Birthday to Sir Patrick.

He's been an inspiration and a presence throughout my whole life! I still regularly read a copy of the Observer's book of Astronomy he wrote in 1962 - mine was printed in 1964 (about as old as me :icon_scratch:).

I think he qualifies for the status of National Treasure :):).

In my view I think the great man has already qualified for that one in his own lifetime ;)

The great man was born in 1923, so he's 89 today! I remember as a 10 year old kid borrowing his books from the library week after week. Got me hooked then and that was more than 40 years ago. Happy Birthday Sir!

Archived