Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
JOHN MILLER

A HELLO FROM CLOUDY GLASGOW

HELLO,

MY NAME IS JOHN AND I LIVE IN THE SUBURBS OF CLOUDY :cool: (AND WET) :wink: GLASGOW. I'VE BEEN INTERESTED IN ASTRONOMY FOR MANY YEARS BUT AM NEITHER VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE NOR SKILLED! I ONLY GET A CHANCE TO OBSERVE OCCASIONALLY DUE TO A COMBINATION OF THE WEATHER, WORK AND OTHER COMMITMENTS.

I HAVE AN OMC 200 AND A WO ZENITHSTAR 105 ON A SPHINX MOUNT. WOULD LIKE TO GET AN OBSERVATORY SO I CAN MAKE THE MOST OF THE FEW OBSERVING OPPORTUNITIES THERE ARE - BUT IT WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL I MOVE HOUSE! I'VE TRIED A LITTLE WEBCAM IMAGING BUT AM A COMPLETE BEGINNER.

CAME UPON THIS SITE BY CHANCE, AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING A LOT!

Hi John and welcome to SGL.

BTW i am just up the road from you in Paisley...

Hi John and welcom to SGL. I'm sure you will find answers to all your questions here.

Martin :wink:

Hello John. It seams we all have the same problem with clouds, but hey, at least u live in asuburb :wink: Very nice kit u have there as well. I am sure you'll find this forum very usefull and enjoyable as well. Good luck!

Marius

A warm welcome to SGL John. As far as wt and wild weather goes, I think we have all had more than our share of it the last few weeks.

We can just hope we get a brilliant astronomical conducive winter this time around.

You could not have found a better place to enhance your astronomy. There's loads of friendly and genned up folks on this site.

Enjoy your stay John.

Ron. :wink:

Welcome to SGL John. Please do ask questions as there's nothing much to do other than answer the questions or wait until somebody else does (my favourite method).

I'd be interested in finding out how you get on with the big Mak. as I had an OMC140 and was very impressed with it.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Hi John

Welcome to SGL. I'm in suburban Glasgow too and the weather has been terrible for observing (when is it ever good?). Being further North as well, doesn't help.

Enjoy the forum.

Martin

Hi John, and welcome aboard.

Finding this forum 'by chance' was a lucky event for you, its one of the best.

BTW, in 'forum speak', typing in capital letters, is equivalent to shouting, and generally used only to emphasise at particular point or word :wink:

Dave

Hello John and congrats on chancing upon SGL.

There's a wealth of knowledge here about,well almost everthing really. You can lean a lot and have fun at the same time.

Cheers

CW

Hi John, nice to see you. I'm another (of a few!) who lives close to you. I'm in Old Kilpatrick, right by the Erskine Bridge.

Welcome John.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Mick

Hi John,

Welcome to SGL, thats some seriously nice kit you've got there!! I'd be interested in your opinions on the OMC?

Gaz

BTW, in 'forum speak', typing in capital letters, is equivalent to shouting, and generally used only to emphasise at particular point or word :p

Dave

Hi Dave

Don't you know that everyone from Glasgow shout all the time..... :wink::cool::lol:

BTW, in 'forum speak', typing in capital letters, is equivalent to shouting, and generally used only to emphasise at particular point or word :clouds1:

Dave

Hi Dave

Don't you know that everyone from Glasgow shout all the time..... :wink::cool::lol:

Well maybe after a few pints of 'heavy' Jamie :p

However, whenever I've been to Glasgow, a nicer and quieter bunch of people, you couldn't meet :evil::clouds2:

Dave

Hi John,

Good to have someone else from Glasgow as an SGL member. There is an active Astro Soc in Glasgow and you would be welcome to join us and come on our rain swept observing sessions :wink: If you want to know about the Astro Soc of Glasgow, give me a PM and I will put you in touch with "El Presidente" - or you could "google" it. We host the BAA out-of-London weekend at the end of August, so we may see you then.

SGL is a great Forum, friendly and helpful - lots of knowledgeable people willing to give of their experience.

By the way - it is clear just now - pity it is light all night at this time of year.

Tom

Another welcome here from nearby, I'm in sunny Bathgate a few miles to the east of you. I too need to move house and build an observatory, and while I'm dreaming I'll make it a huge house in the Caribbean with a 32" Obsession on a custom go-to mount. :cool::wink: