Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stray seeks new home...

Jenkinio

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. I disagree with Alan above regarding aperture fever - there is NO cure!!!:):D:D

If imaging is your goal then I would suggest your next purchase should be Steve Richards' "Making Every Photon Count"(FLO £19.95). A very comprehensive book on what you need and why you need it to achieve the desired level of imaging that you are after. Don't forget about the processing side as there will naturally be a lot of focus (sorry...bad pun!) on data capture but data 'processing' will make a lot of difference to the final image too. A lot of really great software out there is free but of course there are other useful 'toys' that are not, so this book will help you to determine a realistic budget from the beginning by providing you with a full overview that will let you know what you are letting yourself in for - they don't call it the 'dark art' for nothing. As I have written on many occasions, you don't want the first picture of a black hole to be one in your wallet!:):D

Clear skies

James

If imaging is your goal then I would suggest your next purchase should be Steve Richards' "Making Every Photon Count"(FLO £19.95). A very comprehensive book on what you need and why you need it to achieve the desired level of imaging that you are after.

Thanks for the tip. I'm trying to develop a reading list for my new hobby, so I'll definitely look into this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good guide book for DSO observation, with star charts and maybe some star hopping maps? I've found a few sites offering this, but there's nothing like a nice structured book.

Has anyone mentioned "Turn left at Orion"? I find that very helpful to get to find DSOs and other interesting objects.

That looks like a good call, thanks! I've jst checked it out on amazon and it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for.

welcome to SGL .

Ha ! And I felt guilty upgrading from my 150 mm after about 6ish months. Fair dues to you. Knew you wanted more and just did it, after some attempts at justifying the expense to the boss.

Enjoy your scope and clear skies!

Bart

Archived