Afocal Lunar Shots - 03/03/2012

iwatkins

Couple from this evening.

180 Mak, Baader Hyperion 8mm with bottom element removed, then Canon 7D.

1000 captures JPEgs from LiveView using APT. Stacked in Registax6.

Starting to get the hang of this.

Cheers

Ian

iwatkins-albums-lunar-picture16019-stack.jpg

iwatkins-albums-lunar-picture16020-stack.jpg

Indeed Jules, thanks.

Yes Peter, image train is 180 Mak, Badder Hyperion with rubber eye cup removed. Onto the top of that is screwed a ring that matches the Hyperion and the other side is a Canon bayonet. Camera connects directly to this. Nice and solid and works well.

Cheers

Ian

Indeed Jules, thanks.

Yes Peter, image train is 180 Mak, Badder Hyperion with rubber eye cup removed. Onto the top of that is screwed a ring that matches the Hyperion and the other side is a Canon bayonet. Camera connects directly to this. Nice and solid and works well.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks for clearing that up. This form of imaging is known as eyepiece projection not a focal imaging.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Well thank you kind Lady. :)

I love the Hyperions and the added benefit of being able to throw my 7D on top in 30 seconds. I see that option on FLO site to buy the whole set, but I resist. :)

Cheers

Ian

I love the Hyperions and the added benefit of being able to throw my 7D on top in 30 seconds. I see that option on FLO site to buy the whole set, but I resist. :)

I know - my bank manager says no also - they are just no fun !!

Don't know if you've seen, but there is also an adaptor, so you can add a web cam, where the dslr would be.

That could be very interesting ..............

Archived