Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Forum software, a quick taster!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, any rough ideas when the buy and sell section will be back?

Seem like ages ago we were promised it would return.

And mods don't flame me out, I am asking politely.

Best things come to those who wait bud.

There have been a few fairly major updates to the underlying software for the new forum which has meant that the admins had to redo a lot of things again...

The updates were essential as there were issues with a few popular browsers...and tapatalk

Closed almost Alpha "user level" testing is underway before we open it up for beta testing by more users at one point users couldn't see any threads or posts...

The Moderating team also need to be familiar with the new look software to be able to answer any questions and of course be able to moderate the forum...

Peter...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Keith,

We did say that it would be back in 2012 and it still is :D

It's coming back as part of the new software - completely different way of doing it than previous.

Don't fret we are getting there... I don't want to estimate a timescale as real life keeps getting in the way :)

Ant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome that you guys are working on moving to IPB, it's so much cleaner than vBulletin in my opinion.

The mobile skin works brilliantly too, so smooth and clean. Although the official app is meant to be absolutely terrible and cause problems (not that you need it with such a great mobile skin).

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the background image on the banner logo. I'd maybe try and extend the style of the SGL logo across the top of the whole page.

I've done a quick example of the banner below and then quickly done another example of the whole page:

Banner Example (linked because of its width)

2ep1pom.jpg

I left the search and menu bars as they were (too much effort to replicate them without the previous background shining through), although lightening the menu with the same opacity would probably still work :hello2:

Hi Keith,

We did say that it would be back in 2012 and it still is :hello2:

It's coming back as part of the new software - completely different way of doing it than previous.

Don't fret we are getting there... I don't want to estimate a timescale as real life keeps getting in the way :)

Ant

Well it is nearly June, are we any getting nearer?

And a bit older............................

tell me about it :hello2:

We're hoping it'll be some time next week. But again take that as a goal not a deadline...

Ant

Archived