SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Amazing Meteor tonight

Alan_B

21:40 heading South Through Ursa Major heading towards Leo

Ball of flame broke up after 20 seconds

Biggest one I.ve ever seen - thoight I was seeing things . tell me someone else has just seen this !!!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just posted in another thread about it but wow wow wow :) :)

Giant and long and big breaking off into pieces. My dad and I thought it was a satellite breaking up.

We saw it too - must've tracked over from Warrington (someone above says it was seen there) to Staffs where we live.

This was no shooting star people - large, very fast moving and you could actually see flames in a small tail at the rear. Amazing once in a lifetime job. Jealous, coz' I was setting up the scope and my wife spotted it first, with the most ladylike of statements (mods, please leave this in...) "what the f***'s that?"

I'd love to join the club but this is one of those disadvantages of staring at the computer all night. Came in at eight :)

Regardless, a lot of people seem to have seen it. Internet's going wild. There's bound to be some video somewhere, even CCTV... we'll see.

that is the second big meteor in 2 nights, saw one friday just about 10 past 8 in glasgow going from north to south just below jupiter ,my wife thought it was a plane crashing [she watches 2 many movies lol] but was about 4-5 seconds b4 i lost it behind some roof tops looked very like the twitter link Twitter without the flames

I freaking saw this too!!!!! Was absolutely dumbfounded when I saw it!

Absolutely amazing! At first I thought it was a weird rocket that some kid had set off but it was just beautiful. And watching it burn and fragment and break up....Fantastic to see through the binos

Stunning stuff.

Not bad for my third night 'proper' gazing :)

That Twitter pic is someone making it up for attention.

It's from 2010.

<<< Maryland Weather: Twilight meteor reported Monday in Maryland - Weather forecast: Meteorology and climate conditions in the Baltimore region from reporter Frank Roylance - baltimoresun.com >>>

Gutted I missed this, though :)

Surely some of the SGLers would have caught a pic?:)

Archived