Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What Warm clothes?

Astrosurf

It's quite pleasant out tonight for you chilly lot. I was comfy in deck shoes, no socks (I'm going through an 80s phase), gym trousers, fleece hoody and my hair in an ironic pony tail (just one hair band though).

:hello2::)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

+1 for dungaree-type salopettes between October and April (buy 'em in March after ski season much reduced). Thermal socks, a warm hoodie, and thin running gloves complete the outfit! Oh and a floppy beanie hat to pull down over the non-observing eye as required. Form an orderly queue ladies....

Is it true, or just an old wives tale, that blood thinning medication makes you feel the cold more? I take aspirin daily and the last time I was out was was on a chilly, but not particularly cold night, earlier in the month and to my surprise found myself shivering with the cold despite wrapping up - ie 2 long sleeved t-shirts, 1 short sleeved t-shirt,  thick shirt,  woolly army jumper, long johns, jeans, lined wax jacket,  thinsulate hat and gloves. My son, who wasn't at all cold on the night, found it pretty amusing when he heard the laptop knocking on the camping table, which was caused by my shivering while viewing stellarium.  :rolleyes2:

Archived