Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What Warm clothes?

Astrosurf

A thinsulate hat, thermal long sleeve top, tshirt, thin fleece, ski jacket, jeans, very thick thermal socks with trainers and a pair of thin magic gloves so i can still use my hands hehe.

With all that the only thing that gets cold is my feet :)

Tbh im still in my "im too excited to get cold" stage..my family and girlfriend thought i was crazy with how long i stayed out in january with the low temps. I just couldnt feel it :S

Sent from a Galaxy S 2 far away.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been a great thread. I HATE being cold and have started feeling it in the past few years. I'm 50 this year so need some pampering! :)

So, I got myself a lovely ski jacket cheap on eBay and have also bought some bright pink ski pants on eBay which I hope will arrive soon. I've also ordered some thermal socks and now have the following kit in addition:

Thermal underwear

Fur-lined hat with side flaps

Fingerless gloves with a mittens flap

Fleece

Thick-soled DM's walking boots

And to top it all, when I get really cold (which I hope won't happen now!) I have a huge fake fur throw so I can snuggle when I walk around bothering everyone!

Think i must be sad :hello2: I got an old wollie bare from the days I was diving of the coast of England.... If you want gloves try wet suit gloves and cut the fingers off there brill :)

Please dont laugh and point :D

Think i must be sad :hello2: I got an old wollie bare from the days I was diving of the coast of England.... If you want gloves try wet suit gloves and cut the fingers off there brill :)

Please dont laugh and point :D

Hmmm, wetsuit gloves. Do these look OK? They look stretchy and tight so shouldn't get in the way. I have large hands for a woman so maybe I should go for large?

Entry level wetsuit gloves, titanium 3mm neoprene, grippy palms, warm & stretchy | eBay

How do you keep your feet warm? Ive been really struggling but I ordered some Karrimor snoot boots tongiht, so hoping they will be nice and warm

I got a size 16, tried them on in the shop, quite snug, but a nice fit. The label says XL :). A 16 isnt an XL surely

Hmmm, wetsuit gloves. Do these look OK? They look stretchy and tight so shouldn't get in the way. I have large hands for a woman so maybe I should go for large?

Entry level wetsuit gloves, titanium 3mm neoprene, grippy palms, warm & stretchy | eBay

They look great ASTRO...... they are wind proof and if they get wet then they just get warmer :hello2::):D

How do you keep your feet warm? Ive been really struggling but I ordered some Karrimor snoot boots tongiht, so hoping they will be nice and warm

I got a size 16, tried them on in the shop, quite snug, but a nice fit. The label says XL :hello2:. A 16 isnt an XL surely

I never have warm feet during observing so I hope my socks work. Let me know how the snoot boots go.

Ahhh, size 16. I haven't been that for years. I got a size 18! Mind you, that's mostly as a result of the thunder thighs! :)

Montane extreme smock

Montane Men's Extreme Smock - Outdoorkit

and cheaper on fleabay is wonderfully warm. There's no front zip, if you get too hot unzip a side zip. There's also a front pocket with side zips for hand warming.

Always good thick cords. These are so much better than jeans.They stay warm and dry off very quickly if damp/muddy.Can't understand folk wearing jeans.

Some Primark long johns when they're in. A really thick Merino wool base layer. M and S used to do these.

Perilla Alpacca socks with Brasher walking boots.

All this also does for fishing , walking and outdoors.Nice.

I never have warm feet during observing so I hope my socks work. Let me know how the snoot boots go.

Ahhh, size 16. I haven't been that for years. I got a size 18! Mind you, that's mostly as a result of the thunder thighs! :)

OOOO Astro and San.... Hope this helps..... 12 years in the military on my side..... The secret to warm feet is larm legs.... have a look at these you can get them any were... hope it helps :hello2::):D:)

Gelert Ankle Gaiters#

i have one of these...

Buy your stonewashed M65 Supreme Field Jacket, Supreme M65 Jacket, M-65 Field Coats at Surplus And Adventure secure online Army and Navy store

i have fallen asleep in the garden on many frosty nights wearing it lol.

as for gloves, i use these...

Product Category Details

which are warm and quite tight fitting.

most "ski" jackets are designed to wear over layers as a water/wind proof top coat

OOOO Astro and San.... Hope this helps..... 12 years in the military on my side..... The secret to warm feet is larm legs.... have a look at these you can get them any were... hope it helps :):):hello2::)

Gelert Ankle Gaiters#

Ex military here too, I never learnt a thing about it. I was thinking back earlier today funnily enough - when I served out in Nothern Ireland it was winter time, and it was bitterly cold. And I froze my butt off every time I was out on patrol or out on stag. Why the hell did I notlayer up? Or buy extra warm kit? What an idiot I was.

Then out on Norway at New Year - minus 26 and I still hadnt learnt to wrap myself up. I thought I was going to blumming die I was sooooo cold.

Then out on Norway at New Year - minus 26 and I still hadnt learnt to wrap myself up. I thought I was going to blumming die I was sooooo cold.

LOL Did NI in palis Bks and the Maze. also lot of time in the Balkns.... Layers is the key to your cor temp but I always found if I had cold feet I was cold..... Themn just started wearing isue Gaiters all the time and that did the trick..... That and I love the out doors.... Ray Mears is my Idol lmao :(:):(

what was your corps?????

:):icon_salut::hello2::icon_salut::D:icon_salut::D:icon_salut:

Was discussing this very thing last night here and the general concensus was (I think?) a couple of loose layers to trap the air next to your skin, without cutting off blood circulation, (even if that means buying a size that you wouldn't want to mention in a crowded room!!) and maybe a light wind resistant jacket/pants to stop the nice warm air from being blown away. :)

I'm not swearing btw, the wagon is called S/natch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/******_Land_Rover

LMAO. I worked on them alot but I'm pleades I didn't have to drive them in anger... just for an 857 and that was bad enough.... Top heavy monsters....

I played for a bit with Drops at 2nd line but was mostley armoured :):):hello2:

how long you been out?????

how you doing on the outside lol???

Archived